We are providing industry-standard fire stopping services all over UAE. Our qualified and well-experienced engineers and workers are providing quality services which help you to fight with unexpected fires.
A firestop or fire-stopping is a form of passive fire protection that is used to seal around openings and between joints in a fire-resistance-rated wall or floor assembly. Firestops are designed to maintain the fireproofing of a wall or floor assembly allowing it to impede the spread of fire and smoke.
Firestops prevent unprotected horizontal and vertical penetrations in a fire-resistance-rated wall or floor assembly from creating a route by which fire and smoke can spread that would otherwise have been fire-resisting construction, e.g. where a pipe passes through a firewall.
Fire stopping is also to seal around gaps between fire resisting constructions, e.g. the linear gap between a wall and the floor above, in order for construction to form a complete barrier to fire and smoke spread.
Firestops are used in:
- Electrical, mechanical, and structural penetrations
- Unpenetrated openings (such as openings for future use)
- Re-entries of existing firestops
- Control or sway joints in fire-resistance-rated wall or floor assemblies
- Junctions between fire-resistance-rated wall or floor assemblies
- Head-of-wall (HOW) joints, where non-load-bearing wall assemblies meet floor assemblies
courtesy : wikipedia